Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Humble Request

Here I stand five days away from payday, surrounded and drowning in the muck left by the indifferent, under achieving and disillusioned…broke and aggravated. There is a burning in my belly bordering between gas and exasperation. Lately, I have been greeting each day with a gritted tooth smile. Good mornings are still customary in my little world even among the aliens that do not share this custom. Needless to say, I need a reason to smile today…just today. I will take care of tomorrow. To the best of my ability I will treat all suggestions,jokes,funny stories etc. equally without pomp or judgment. Consider this a loan of sorts. I’ll hit you back on payday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A national poetry contest was down to the last two contestants, a Yale grad and a dread. They were given a word and were allowed two minutes to come up with a poem that contained the word. The word was Timbuktu. The first to record his poem was the Yale grad. He stepped up to the microphone:

Slowly across the desert sand
Trekked a lonely caravan
Men on camels, two by two
Their destination? Timbuktu.

The crowd erupted in applause. No way that can be topped thought the audience. The dread took his place at the mic and began to speak:

Me and tim went on de road
Three thief stop we and want we load
They were three and we were two
So I bucked one and Timbuktu.

The crowd went wild.

Craig Knight said...

Ha! I love it! Much appreciated.