Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Love, Truth and Chrisette Michele

Tonight at approximately 11:20 pm I was having a conversation with my fiancé about Chrisette Michele’s new CD. What was remarkable is that we were both listening and agreeing that this woman had just become our favorite artist. I’m not sure but maybe it’s because she is Gemini and I’m a Cancer that we hardly ever agree on anything musically…or anything else. But our tastes in music are distinctly like apples and oranges. Tonight however, we somehow achieved synchronicity.

As Chrisette’s magic was being weaved from my fiancé’s I-phone (a gift I gave her which has been nothing but a distraction ever since) produced conversation in the room I thought to myself how amazing the lyrics were in a song where she tells a man to say whatever he wants about her as long as he says goodbye. When I mentioned how hard core that statement was she said “She (Chrisette) speaks the truth and that makes it ok…and I can’t think of anyone better to have the truth with than you”. Needless to say, that shit kind of blew my mind. I immediately thought about how ugly the truth could get especially since neither of us is perfect. But I also thought about how beautiful the truth is and could be. So what she was essentially telling me was that she loves me enough to take them both. Kudos to Chrisette Michele for resuming us on the path to truth and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jazmine Sullivan
Chrisette Michele
Jon B.
Sunday, August 09, 2009
From 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Central Park SummerStage
Soul takes center stage on this bill with heartfelt anthems, ballads, love songs and good vibes from three of today’s most sought after vocalists.