Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blogging is cool.

I went to see G.I. Joe tonight. It was ok I guess. Once you got past all the action packed cliche's, Marlon Wayan's painfully over played role of black sidekick who would do any thing for his BFF who happens to be the hero of the movie; who also happens to be a larger than life god who can do virtually any thing and live; who also happens to have the demeanor of a man that should be taken seriously even when he's joking and who also happens to be white. But like I said, once you got passed that it was cool.

As I sit here writing I'm feeling a sense of pride because I finally decided to connect this computer in a place within my new home that actually feels like I'm really in my new home. It's my own little nook where I can sit calmly and churn out all of these random thoughts/rants with complete confidence... well maybe not complete but they will be churned nevertheless. To be completely honest, I don't know where this desire to think out loud will ever take me besides away of boredom. Perhaps that is the only place I need to go. I actually started this blog out of a desire to go there. And during my journey I also found some other kinda scary stuff(see earlier postings). Here's the part where I get cryptic: Sometimes things in movies in a very sneaky way hit very close to home. What's ironic is that I'm almost ashamed to admit that I actually get to be the occasional hero in this place that my words created. Here i can make Marlon Wayans disappear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"GI JOE" Not meant for thought or edutainment (BDP), just mindless entertainment. Took my boys to the movies last thursday. The feeling is mutual.

Wha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Liquid I haven't seen this flick yet. My take away from these types of movies is always, how are computers used? And if you are looking at mostly CG done well or if a mini-model is being used. We see the morpheus and Neo ref. everywhere. The Legend of Bagger Vance. But what will the Studio's do when we produce and consume our own content? But wait we are already doing that. HD camera's are cheap.